- Today and tomorrow our lesson plan… (I’ll update this post after tomorrow’s lesson, supposing something comes up in Y5CAL and Y5B)
- Your work in unit 2 at home. Any oral work to share, or questions, or requests for us to check some exercise or other?
- Presentation of unit 3. How you should work this month at home on the unit. (Reading ex., and Grammar-Voc ex. + using the audios after we use them in class, for re-telling and later recycling!! in your oral performances!)
- In Y5A we talked about last week and American Indians. We reviewed: remember (to do something) vs remember (doing something), remind me of (doing sth), remind me of (someone); and different uses of GET. There was a request so we can do the textbook songs as fill-in-the-gaps listenings in our March Friday together.
- Finishing unit 2: the last page – Listenings, and at home retelling, because it’s on technology.
- Homework: use 2.15 and 2.16 (re-telling, gathering useful language for a mon. on technology); revise unit 2 trying to gather / practice Q&A on the topics, so that next day we can start working on timed dialogues (topics: childhood, love, time, technology, multitasking). If you didn’t work on your mons on the unit 2 topics, use at least 2.13 for re-telling.
- Projects: The Movie Project. I updated the Announcement Board, so make sure you complete the info for your performances at the end of the month.
- Blog Updates: I reminded people of the existence of two audios here, on Technol. and Ecology, in case people want to practice re-telling. Also, check out my post on Writing Tests.
End of CourseMay 29th, 2014Now Be a Rebel: Enjoy your Exam! :D
- 56,322 hits
2014 Y5CAL Project
MF’s minipodcast (audios recorded in 2013-14 – B1 B2)
Students’ contributions on TP
Students’ Oral Performances
Top Posts & Pages
Materials for Discussions
Language & Violence
Which new words or uses do you accept & which do you reject?
Mejorar la comunicación humana a través del aprendizaje de idiomas
Problem-solving: Do life activities live up to your expectations?
Without language, not our revolution
Info on Women & Feminism
For Gender Discussions
Delusions of Gender (Cordelia Fine)
About Nonviolent Struggle
Languages in Spain
Y5B: Preparing a discussion
Learning to hold discussions
Learning about prisoners
2013-14: Learning about Black USA: Rita Williams-Garcia, Rosa Parks
Tags5A 5B 5CAL American Indians Angela Davis articles audiobook audiobooks Black is Beautiful blog updates books brainstorming C1 clauses communicative strategies cultural info documentaries Exams feedback feelings feminism gender issues grammar Hilma af Klint hoowee human mind ICTs interviews Ireland language functions letters listening literature LoM March 8 Maya Angelou minisagas modals movies/films oral drilling outline outlines pacifism podcast episodes politeness pronunciation proofreading Quinto Quintos reading recording reviews rivers Spain speaking stories-in-class teaching-learning teamwork tenses Tercero textbook textual structure the internet The UK the USA the world time and tense Toni Morrison TV series US/UK English will writing Y5A Y5B Y5CAL
Poems at the Talking People Podcast! (click pic)
Mary Brave Bird died in 2013
American Indians at Talking People (Joy Harjo)
Howard Clark died in 2013
Black US America: Rita Williams Garcia
Black US America: Rosa Parks
Black US America: Marvin Gaye (Soul music)
A poem by Marilyn Monroe
Not Earning MoneyThe ads that might appear once you enter a post are added by wordpress for money. I get this blog for free but have to "pay that price".